Monday, August 23, 2010

Seven


Today was my son's seventh birthday. His birthdays are always a milestone for me as well, as they also commemorate the beginning of parenthood. How we have all changed and grown in these past seven years is almost immeasurable and while I'd like to say it's been a smooth journey, it hasn't. I have blown it as a parent many times, luckily I have nailed it shut a couple of times as well. I have all these ideas swirling around in my head right now about parenting, perceptions, expectations and experience but I've got dishes to do, cake to wipe off the floor and at some point I need to get some sleep. I've got to be fresh as a daisy for a day at a water park.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
notes from my daily life of kids, cooking, crafts, cycling, thrifting, napping, singing...etc.